Pregnancy and Oral Health
You’re already doing a lot to make sure your baby is healthy. It is also important and safe to visit a dental professional regularly during pregnancy to check for any signs of gum disease or tooth decay, which can be shared with your baby if they’re not addressed.
It is Important to:
- Drink more water and less sugar-sweetened beverages
- Choose healthy foods to satisfy pregnancy cravings instead of junk food.
- Brush twice a day for two minutes
- Floss once a day
- Make an appointment to get a dental check-up… And GO!
- Be sure to rinse mouth if you are experiencing “morning” sickness.
Keep taking good care of your teeth.
For more information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1QkAnNMXHY (tips for parents)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlwiXRmlLyA (more tips for parents)